Setting up éKoru
éKoru generates two types of pages:
Directory Listings: generated automatically in response to a request for a folder. If there is an index.htm in the folder, it will be appended to the directory listing.
Directory Listings will have /_ekoru/header.htm prepended to them.
HTML Files: are generated normally, but will automatically have:
/_ekoru/header.htm prepended to them, and
/_ekoru/footer.htm appended to them
Step 1: upload all the files onto your server
Step 2: get path from htaccess.php
That's all that is necessary for your site to work. The rest is cosmetic -- do as much or as little as you like
- Go to yourdomain.com/htaccess.php and copy the path that you see.
- Open htaccess.php and put a "#" at the beginning of the first line.
- In Section 1, change the paths to header.htm and footer.htm to the path you just copied from the page.
- Upload the changed file, then change its name on the server to ".htaccess" instead of "htaccess.php".
Step 3: Titles in /_ekoru/header.htm
Section 2: modify the title. This title will follow the page name on all pages with an .html extension.
Section 4: modify the title. This title will appear on all directory-listing pages
Step 4: Logo & Background
Replace logo: replace /_ekoru/css/logo.png with the
transparent png image of your choice. You will need to
specify its dimensions in /_ekoru/stylesheet.css
Replace background: replace /_ekoru/css/background.jpg
with the jpg image of your choice. The background defaults to
being stretched to fill the screen.
Modify /_ekoru/stylesheet.css as much as you like.
Do not modify essential.css -- it's necessary in order
for the pages to display correctly.
1. in section 1, modify the paths to header.htm and footer.htm
2. in section 3, add any files that you want to hide from directories
1. in section 2, modify the title. This title will follow the page name on all pages with an .html extension.
2. in section 4, modify the title. This title will appear on all directory-listing pages
personalise the logo & background
1. replace /_admin/css/logo.png with the transparent png image of your choice.
2. replace /_admin/css/background.jpg with the jpg image of your choice.
personalise the CSS
You can modify stylesheet.css as much as you like.
Do not modify function.css -- it's necessary for the pages to display correctly.
In header.htm, section 4, insert your google tracking code
footer is appended onto any pages that are parsed for PHP, which means any ".html" files.
© 2011 · top ·